[Spacewalk-list] Issue with duplicate pkg names on different channels

I am working on transferring my satellite server to spacewalk. I have a number of noarch rpm’s that I include in a number of different child channels. The satellite-sync will not add a rpm to a channel if the same rpm name has been used in another channel. I am running spacewalk 1.2 on a RHEL5-64 server 2.6.18-194.8.1.el5. Is this expected behavior.