Re: [Spacewalk-list] Excluding Packages in a Channel?

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, r rigby leeds ac uk wrote:

hi greg,

as i understand it, the file you need to look at (on the clients) is:

/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf

in here, you can put your per channel customisations, for that client,
in the same way as you would for a yum repository, e.g.:

That'll lock it, but it'll still show as in need of update on the webui won't
it?

I've wanted something similar.  I've a bunch of machines that have the latest
adobe reader installed.  A subset of those don't have the latest version, they
have a deliberately held back version so that it works correctly with the
FileOpen plugin.  Short of creating a new AdobeReader8 package, I don't think
there's a brilliant way of dealing with it.

jh