[Spacewalk-list] API and yum repo creation/channel assignment

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Feb 21 09:12:37 UTC 2011

JDFire wrote:
% Hello All,
%
% I am trying to use the API to create yum repositories and then assign
% them to created channels via the API. I can't seem to find the calls
% needed to perform this. Could someone point me to the correct location
% as to where I can find these calls?  I would hate to do these
% creations manually.

channel.software.createRepo()
channel.software.associateRepo()

for the number and type of arguments see Documentation > API link on
your local spacewalk instance.

You might also just create your .ini file for spacewalk-common-channels
(part of spacewalk-utils package) which does the exactly same thing ;).

% Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat