[Spacewalk-list] how to backupspacewalk

Artem artem at e-inet.ru
Wed Feb 23 11:58:50 UTC 2011

2011/2/22 rob morrien <rmorrien at xs4all.nl>:
> google how to backup spacewalk and you will find the spacewalk page>
>

> can you please post the page url so i can have a read as well please

>>> I went through this recently.  You're going to want to read the page
>>> again, as it includes instructions regarding how to set that up.  It's
>>> not just a "run this script" thing.  It's on the page...
>>>
>>>      -I

>> --
>> *Kobus Bensch*
>> Linux Administrator
>> kobus.bensch at lovefilm.com
>>
>> No.9 | 6 Portal Way | London | W3 6RU |
>> T: +44 (0)20 8896 8014 | F: +44 (0)20 8896 8111
>> <http://www.lovefilm.com>
>>
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> LOVEFiLM UK Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
>> Registered Number: 06528297.
>> Registered Office: No.9, 6 Portal Way, London W3 6RU, United Kingdom.
>>
>> This e-mail is confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to
>> which it was addressed. If you have received it in error,
>> please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately.
>>
>> This email message has been delivered safely and archived online by
>> Mimecast.
>> For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.co.uk

hello,

hmm... this script (
/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/config/scripts/backup.sh
) make cold backup but no hot backup...

#####
echo "Backup in progress..."

      rman target / >> $rman_backup << EOF
         set echo on;
         shutdown immediate;
         startup mount;
#####

if use want hot backup, you must enable archivelog mode in oracle.

use sqlplus fol login to oracle ( you must oracle user) , for example
"sqlplus 'sys/<you password>@//localhost/XE as sysdba' and run

SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE

if successful then show messages

Database closed.
Database dismounted.
ORACLE instance shut down.

next run

STARTUP MOUNT

if successful then show messages (bytes for examples)

ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area  599785472 bytes
Fixed Size                  1220804 bytes
Variable Size             180358972 bytes
Database Buffers          415236096 bytes
Redo Buffers                2969600 bytes
Database mounted.

next run

ALTER DATABASE ARCHIVELOG;

if successful then show messages