[Spacewalk-list] Failed Hostname Change with Spacewalk-Hostname-Rename script

jdfire at cox.net jdfire at cox.net
Thu Feb 24 16:36:48 UTC 2011

Hello Keith,

Thank you for the response. While waiting for a response I have tried many different things. The one thing that has resolved this issue is as follows. It seems the script is missing a few steps or is not performing all the steps it should to complete the hostname change. Please review the steps below to see if there is anyway to modify the hostname script to resolve these issues.

1: Perform hostname change on Spacewalk Application server.
2: Perform reboot on Spacewalk Application server.
3: Execute spacewalk-hostname-rename script.
3a: Script didn't generate the correct hostname info for the server.pem file used by jabber.
3b: Generated new crt,key,pem files by modifing openssl.cnf to reflect new hostname.
4: Copy new cert to proxy /usr/share/rhn/ location and change the client to the correct hostname.
5: On proxy server remove contents of ssl-build and reconfigured Spacewalk proxy server (This generated new SSL certs).
6: remove jabber DB on the Spacewalk Application server.
7: Remove osad-auth.conf file on client and restart osad. (proxy server and clients.) (This didn't work until a jabber DB removal happened and the correct SSL cert was on the client.)
8: Verified all is working as it should.

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Kind regards,
JD