[Spacewalk-list] Orphaned packages?

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Thu Jan 20 08:53:26 UTC 2011

Steve Neidinger wrote:
% This morning, I changed the configuration of one of my channels and
% its repository in my Spacewalk 1.2 test system, using a Oracle XE
% database.
%
% I was attempting to keep the channel and repository names, point the
% repository to a different URL and delete all the (17K+) packages
% within the channel. I first changed the repository URL, then deleted
% all the packages from the channel. The deletion of packages appeared

How did you delete channel? From webUI or via spacewalk-remove-channel?

% to work correctly, because the packages now are not shown within
% Spacewalk, but the disk space usage has not changed. It appears I
% orphaned them on the disk because when I look at
% /var/satellite/redhat/x/xxx I see packages which were deleted from
% within Spacewalk. Obviously, I should have taken different steps to do
% this, but what is the proper way to delete these orphaned packages?

Try spacewalk-data-fsck:
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=spacewalk.git;a=blob_plain;f=backend/satellite_tools/spacewalk-data-fsck;h=2c3d3be2c5046738db73d8466912c03838e1cb3c;hb=6adc120be621ea4c9c1463aa00308466f8134388

I wonder why it isn't already in spacewalk-backend... let's add it there.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat