[Spacewalk-list] problem to sync repositories with channel

Berezovski, Vladimir Vberezovski at nds.com
Mon Jan 31 08:31:22 UTC 2011

Hi ,

1.  I'm  testing  SpaceWalk  1.2 server and clients  on RH5  platform .

Following  the doc  https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/UploadFedoraContent  (Channels -> Manage Software Channels -> Choose the channel to be linked -> Repositories -> Select the repositories to be linked to the channel -> Update Repositories ->  Sync )  I'm trying to sync already  defined  repo  to a specific channel  but  receive  this  error :

 *   The scheduling service appears down. Please contact your Satellite administrator.

But , doing that in a command line I succeeded to upload packages  to the channel :

spacewalk-repo-sync --channel  rhel5.5   --url http://path_to_server<http://path_to_server/<http://path_to_server%3chttp:/path_to_server/>>

After that  I see all packages list  under the rhel5.5  channel . In the similar way I added   updates for the rhel5.5  child channel . Then moved to my clients in order to make them work with a server . But  there I stucked :

2. How to proceed with clients management/updates  - I found some threads that it is not required to define .repo file  on a client side under /etc/yum.repos.d/   ?

  At present neither management packages task from a server cannot be performed .

Running  Software Updater from RH5 client  utility pops me up "Unable to retrieve software information"  message .In details  I see the following "Cannot retrieve repository metadata ( repomd.xml) for repository rhel5.5."

Corresponding  request was  written in   /var/log/httpd/access_log   od the server :

10.63.200.41 - - [31/Jan/2011:09:54:18 +0200] "GET /XMLRPC/GET-REQ/rhel5.5/repodata/repomd.xml HTTP/1.1" 404 9 "-" "rhn.rpclib.py/$Revision$"

And I really  cannot see in /var/cache/rhn/reposync/rhel5.5/  repodata/repomd.xml  file .

I suspect that  packages were not synced  properly into the server while using spacewalk-repo-sync  command above .

3. While searching  some package  on  a server I got the following error:

Index files missing from search-server .

Regenerating indexes  by running: /etc/init.d/rhn-search cleanindex, then restart rhn-search  didn't help .

???

Thanks .

/Vlad .

Best regards  ,
Vladimir Berezovski
NDS IL , Unix group
Tel:

 +972 (2)   589-4287

Mobile:

 +972 (54) 566-4287

Email:

 vberezovski at nds.com<mailto:vberezovski at nds.com>

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postmaster at nds.com and delete it from your system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored by NDS for employment and security purposes.

An NDS Group Limited company. www.nds.com