[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk charset installation error

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Mon Jan 3 08:02:56 UTC 2011

Allysson .\oraes wrote:
% Thanks Dobies,
%
% the SBDC I've tried to use is a server that has Oracle already installed.
% The DBA sad me that there is a risk to another functional datases trying
% hange the character set to of a running server. I've figured out that a
% turnaround changing perl charset, but it is not right to work.

Hi Allysson,

ask your DBA to create a separate UTF8 database on the your Oracle database
server. And then create spacewalk schema in the new database.

Another option is to use Oracle XE installed on spacewalk server.
Or even use PostgreSQL backend if you are willing to help with its
development.