[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Limits

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 00:03:15 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 7:11 AM, Nicolas Antonio Corrarello
<ncorrare at gmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
> Have anyone tested Spacewalk on large enviroments (4000+)? I mean, is there
> any documented limit? Or have any of you found any performance issue scaling
> with Spacewalk?
>
> thx
>
> nac

I'm guessing you mean 4000+ servers.  There would likely be a problem
if you were to use Oracle XE and even then it would be less of problem
with the number of servers, more of a problem with the number of
channels (and arches) that you sync.  For example, on Oracle XE I ran
out of space by syncing RHEL4 (x86_64) + EPEL and RHEL5 (x86_54) +
EPEL, with only 50 or so clients.

If you use a 'real' Oracle server then you should be fine.  The
postgresql port is progressing but its a long term thing.

Hope that helps

CC

--
RHCE#805007969328369