[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Client Installation

Chris Stevens cstevens at taser.com
Tue Jan 11 19:22:44 UTC 2011

Got the spacewalk server up with the help from this mailing list.  Thanks.  Now I have a new question about the client installation.

I've got machines that don't, can't and won't have internet access.  Is there an easy way to install the spacewalk client on these machines?

I've got the spacewalk server up and sync'ing with centos, epel and spacewalk-client repositories.  Is there a way I can grab the files from the spacewalk server without first registering the client with the server?

Or... do I have to keep doing a 'yum localinstall rhn-client-tools' to find out what dependencies I'm missing and grab them manually one at a time? What a pain in the neck.  I started doing this then figured it might be an exercise of futility on my part.  It might be easier to mirror the repositories locally so I don't have to play the dependency game... but that would defeat one of the reasons I wanted to use spacewalk in the first place.

So if anyone has any tips on an easy way to install the spacewalk client without an internet connection I'd sure like to hear them.

Thanks