Re: [Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Client Installation

Hi

Speagle, Andy wrote:
% Or... do I have to keep doing a 'yum localinstall rhn-client-tools' to %
find out what dependencies I'm missing and grab them manually one at a %
time? What a pain in the neck.  I started doing this then figured it %
might be an exercise of futility on my part.  It might be easier to %
mirror the repositories locally so I don't have to play the dependency %
game... but that would defeat one of the reasons I wanted to use %
spacewalk in the first place.

As for initial client package installation you can mirror client repo from
http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/ under your spacewalk:/var/www/html/pub
which is publicly accessible via http://spacewalk/pub.
And then create /etc/yum.repos.d/spacewalk-client-pub.repo on client

[spacewalk-client-pub]
name=Spacewalk Client Tools
baseurl=http://spacewalk/pub/client/
gpgkey=http://spacewalk.redhat.com/yum/RPM-GPG-KEY-spacewalk-2010
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

This sounds like something for which the "bootstrap" script was designed.  On your Spacewalk server, take a look at this in:

/var/www/html/pub/bootstrap/bootstrap.sh (I believe this is where it is by default).

This script helps to quickly get existing systems registered and configured to use your Spacewalk server.  It requires relatively minimal customization for your environment.

Andy Speagle
System & Storage Administrator
UCATS - Wichita State University

I am following this email trail and looked to see what the bootstrap.sh file contain. On a new SW 1.2 server this file does not exist.
It contains these files
client_config_update.py  client_config_update.pyc  client_config_update.pyo

LOVEFiLM UK Limited is a company registered in England and Wales.
Registered Number: 06528297.
Registered Office: No.9, 6 Portal Way, London W3 6RU, United Kingdom.

This e-mail is confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was
addressed. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify
the sender immediately.

This email message has been delivered safely and archived online by Mimecast.
For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.co.uk