[Spacewalk-list] Connecting para-virtual clients?

David Nutter davidn at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Fri Jan 14 10:04:39 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 05:01:04PM -0500, Gomes, Rich wrote:
> Hello all -
>
> Has anyone had any luck connecting pararvirtualized clients to Spacewalk?
> I can register machines but they do not get assigned to a channel.
> Also xen kernels are not an available option when creating a new channel.
>

> What are my options here?

Yes, no problems here (CentOS 5.5, Spacewalk 1.0), but I don't
provision new systems using spacewalk. Once built the guests register
fine and are shown as virtual guests in the systBem view.

I'm assuming by "xen kernels are not an available option when creating
a new channel" this is to do with creating a kickstart distribution
rather than a package channel?

David Nutter  				Tel: +44 (0)131 650 4888
BioSS, JCMB, King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd, EH9 3JZ. Scotland, UK

Biomathematics and Statistics Scotland (BioSS) is formally part of The
Scottish Crop Research Institute (SCRI), a registered Scottish charity
No. SC006662