Re: [Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk, Foreman, and Puppet ?

On 07/06/2011 07:36 AM, Tom Brown wrote:
Given that RedHat Satellite is planning to use Foreman and Puppet,
is there any available information about implementing them in together
Spacewalk ?

I'd like to correct this statement.

Red Hat is not planning to have Satellite use Foreman and Puppet.

Red Hat is planning on having CloudForms use Foreman and Puppet.

As such, there is nothing implementing them together in Spacewalk.

Right now the 'glue' for Puppet and Foreman is built into Foreman's own support today. We will build on top of this into the Katello project - http://katello.org/ . Today Katello provides integration with Pulp (content) and Candlepin (Entitlement). The Katello project is still in progress and changing rapidly. Katello will be the upstream for the WebUI & API within the CloudForms System Engine component of CloudForms.

All I see in the lists and docs talks about Cobbler as opposed to Foreman.

and .... What happens to spacewalk when Satellite moves over to System Engine?