[Spacewalk-list] Exclude packages from installing via client configuration

jdfire at cox.net jdfire at cox.net
Thu Jul 7 22:39:00 UTC 2011

Hello List,

I have a Spacewalk 1.4 installation that I am trying to exclude a certain package from installing on certain servers. I have added the exclude = packagename*  to the /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf file and perform yum commands and this works fine. When I perform a package install via Spacewalk and select the package that should be excluded and try to install that package it actually installs the package. Is there anything that I could do to stop the package from installing from the web ui?

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Kind regards,
JD