[Spacewalk-list] rhn_check uses HTTP repos instead of spacewalk software channel

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Jul 11 10:23:15 UTC 2011

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011, Jan Pazdziora wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 10:28:48AM +0200, Sascha Frey wrote:
>>
>> For some reason rhn_check (and yum) try to contact the servers in the
>> /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo files before trying to retrieve the packages
>> from the spacewalk server.
>
> But this is expected and working as designed -- you can mix
> yum-rhn-plugin (registered against Spacewalk or Satellite or RHN
> hosted) with normal yum repositories and if you have the
> repositories configured and enabled, they will be used as well for
> any yum operation.

It's expected and working as designed, but it *is* an issue that's been raised
before so I guess he's questioning the design.  People are botching it with
pre/post scripts or rebuilding packages to avoid hitting external mirrors.
It'd be rather nice if there was already a snippet in there to do that, so all
we'd have to do would be to click a check box to opt out of using external
mirrors.

jh