[Spacewalk-list] Heads up on Centos 6

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:29:47 UTC 2011

>> I'm carrying out some deployment tests my side now with Spacewalk 1.4
>> on an Oracle-XE 11 g backend to CentOS 6 guests and will report any
>> problems I encounter over the course of the next week or so....

Initial tests on day 1.... if /updates/ is enabled along with base
MAKEDEV refuses to install... for the kickstart itself make sure that
updates isn't enabled.... a yum update can be done in post or after
the system is up to bring it up to date.

Spacewalk-proxy on CentOS6/RHEL6 is broken - install the nightly proxy
(can work with the 1.4 server at the backend) and add to
/etc/http/conf.d/spacewalk-proxy-wsgi.conf an additional broker line
of /ks going to the standard /usr/share/rhn/rpc.py (see the lines
above in the file to get it correct).

Spacewalk still has --enablemd5 in it's kickstart generation by
default and the encrypted root password id md5 encryption... remove
the --enablemd5 from the advanced options page and regenerate the root
password after install (the encrypted form can be put back in
spacewalk if you like) to use the more up to date SHA hash method.

That's from my first system (a KVM host) ... any further titbits I'll
report as I rebuild our db, web, load balancer, etc systems.

James