[Spacewalk-list] Solaris Management

Cliff Perry cperry at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 14:02:56 UTC 2011

On 07/13/2011 08:34 AM, Wojtak, Greg wrote:

>> I put newest solaris stuff to http://spacewalk.redhat.com/solaris/
>> and fixed links on spacewalk wiki to point to new location.
>>

> This is great, thank you.  Does anyone know what the future of Solaris
> support in Spacewalk looks like?  I was talking with some Satellite guys
> from Red Hat (I'm not sure if they were support or engineers) and they
> indicated that Solaris support was broken around version 1.1/1.2 of
> Spacewalk.  Is that not an accurate statement?

For Greg and Josh emails on this thread.

The Solaris management within Spacewalk worked - up too a point. The
installation of solaris patches and packages for Sparc Solaris 8, 9 & 10
worked. The installation of Solaris patches and packages for Intel
Solaris 9 & 10 worked. What did not work was the installation of patch
clusters for Solaris 9 and 10. This was due to structural changes made
recently (past year) within the patch clusters. We have addressed the
patch cluster installation issues we are aware off and Michael just
posted new packages online.

I hope this clears things up for folks.

Cliff