From: Zakrocki, Robert [mailto:Robert Zakrocki 1 city ac uk]
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 12:12 PM
To: spacewalk-list redhat com
Subject: [Spacewalk-list] Removing Packages

Hello List,

I have a Spacewalk 1.4 running on Redhat 5.6 which manages fedora 15 clients. Apart of few workarounds with fedora 15 everything works fine. However I have a question about removing packages (or bringing down sizes of /var/satellite and /opt/oracle).

The directory /opt/oracle has grown nearly to 10GB which is 97% in my case (I run /usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync on all channels).

I tried to remove nearly 4000 packages from update repository but the size of /opt/oracle has not decreased nor the size of /var/satellite (where all packages are stored).

I thought that removing packages would bring down the size of database as well as as the size of /var/satellite. Can you tell me if there is  a way to decrease the size of either database or /var/satellite?

Many thanks,

Robert