[Spacewalk-list] Error 500 when using rhnpush

Pierre Casenove pedro109 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 22 12:26:11 UTC 2011

Hello,I found the problem!0xa9 is indeed an incorrect UTF8 encoding. This is the copyright logo.Which put on the path to the resolution:In spacewalk 1.5, the file path are checked against incorrect encoding... put not the license field.So the issue is in file /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/spacewalk/server/importlib/packageImport.py, line 218
 # Change copyright to license    219         # XXX    220         license_fixed = self._fix_encoding(package['license'])    221         package['copyright'] = license_fixed    222         #package['copyright'] = package['license']
I know this is not the right mailing list for this kind of topic.I'm not a developper, so sorry for the quality of the code!
I'm completing bug 658296 with these information
Pierre