[Spacewalk-list] Way to remove stale system entries?

Jose_De_La_Rosa at Dell.com Jose_De_La_Rosa at Dell.com
Fri Jul 22 18:02:31 UTC 2011

Is there a script (supported  or otherwise) to remove stale system entries from a spacewalk/RHN server?

Say I have a testing environment with limited RHEL entitlements, and people are constantly registering servers, do what they need to do, and then re-image the server or shut it down and move on to something else without manually removing the system entry from RHN before moving on. These stale entries not only populate the database needlessly, but also take up an entitlement.

Would be great if I could run a nightly cron job where server entries that have not checked in for X days are removed automatically...