[Spacewalk-list] yum-priorities feature in Spacewalk repository management?

Contant, Olivier Olivier.Contant at nuance.com
Thu Jun 2 16:32:20 UTC 2011

I'm not having error actually, but I was thinking about this scenario and wondering how it would work by having the same package *different version* in 2 differents repository.

But the tricky scenario could be a needs for us as well.  We deploy application that may require a previous version of a package. Let say for example a specific version of a lib.

Maybe this issue shouldn't be fixed at the level of the Spacewalk but more at the level of the development team that should maybe embedded with the application the different dependency and bind it locally to the application.

Like :
/applicationfolder/lib/python_versionx
/applicationfolder/bin/MySQL5.5/
/applicationfolder/bin/PythonX.Y/

And so on .. and rebuild the rpm for those package to install by default in the tree directory of the application ...  Would need a cue about the best practice here.

Regards,