[Spacewalk-list] Can't get rhn-clone-errata.py to work

Michel Hendriks hendriks.michel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 11:36:43 UTC 2011

Hi,

At the moment I am trying to get [ rhn-clone-errata.py ] to work but I can't
seem to do so.

My situation is that on server mgt50 I have spacewalk 1.4 running. It is  a
closed environment
with a http proxy connected to the Internet.

My hosts are running RHEL 5.4 x86_64

>From the mgt50 I am trying to get errata information into Spacewalk using :

/sbin/rhn-clone-errata.py -s localhost -l admin -p <pw admin> -c
rhel-x86_64-server-5  --publish
( using the -s I also tried mgt50 instead of localhost ).

iptables / selinux are stopped

In the script I set the following :

svrRHN = 'xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com'
userRHN = 'RHN Username'
passRHN = '<RHN Password'

When running my script, On the prompt I set :

export https_proxy="http://<proxy user>:<proxy password at 10.132.174.140:8080"
export http_proxy="http://<proxy user>:<proxy password at 10.132.174.140:8080"

Does not matter what I try the error message keep on saying  :

socket.gaierror: (-2, 'Name or service not known')

Running yum check_update runs perfectly.

Can anyone help me solving my issue(s)

Maybe how I should look at the output ... I don't know whether it is the
connection to RHN or the connection to
my spacewalk server which is wrong.

Hope someone can help me.

Michel