[Spacewalk-list] Redirect to repository from Spacewalk?

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 21:12:45 UTC 2011

Dne 20.6.2011 18:49, Mark napsal(a):
> All,
> Is it possible to redirect requests for packages sent to the Spacewalk
> server to another source or repository? Currently our repositories are
> served from built-in FTP servers on our Netscreens and are mirrored
> globally using the the filer's built-in snapshot and mirror
> capabilities. We'd like to leverage Spacewalk for centralized system
> package status but continue to use our Netscreens for data storage
> without having to install more hardware for proxies or Spacewalk servers
> in all of our (many) datacenters. Is it possible to have one or two
> centrally located Spacewalk servers, but still have the packages served
> up come directly from the Netscreen filers?

Yes, it is possible.
Just make sure that the client have classic yum repo file available on
disk (there is many way how you can create it there).
When the machines are registered to Spacewalk, Spacewalk will know about
all installed packages (just name and version-release).
However you could not manage those package (upgrade to newest version,
install particular package etc.) and Spacewalk will just display current
status.

Miroslav Suchy