[Spacewalk-list] Malformed utf-8 character in oracle db

Sascha Bendix sascha.bendix at 360t.com
Wed Jun 22 12:08:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

first of sorry for the long delay on this topic.

Michael Mráka wrote:
> % > Currently I get during the spacewalk-dump-schema the following
> message:
> % > Malformed UTF-8 character (fatal) at /usr/bin/spacewalk-dump-schema
> line % > 121.
> % >
> % > It seems that there is a non-UTF-8 encoded character in somewhere
> around % > changelog entry 685488. Could that be the case?
>
> could you check whether this patch fixes your issue?

I'm sorry to say that it didn't fix it. Still get the same error:

# spacewalk-dump-schema --db=xe --user=spacewalk --password=XXX
686925  Dan Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> 3.6.2-5   - Define openoffice as an x_domain      2009-01-15 12:00:00     2011-03-09 11:20:48
Malformed UTF-8 character (fatal) at /usr/bin/spacewalk-dump-schema line 121.
685488  Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net>

Any other patches I can try?

Regards,

Sascha