[Spacewalk-list] rhn.system.custom_info(key_name)

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 22:55:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Kobus Bensch <kobus.bensch at lovefilm.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> I am looking at custom info. Is there a way I can use vars set on the
> server to populate the key to then use in the config file?
>
> Kobus

Custom info keys are defined globally (with an org) but can
potentially have a different value for each system.  Case in point we
have two data centres about 1600km apart.  Nodes at location A use NFS
server A, while those in location B use NFS server B.  A simple script
is used to set the nfs_server custom info key for each server and then
the key is just referenced in the autofs file like:
/fileshare      -rw,hard,intr     {|
rhn.system.custom_info(nfs_server) = defaultnfs.company.com
|}:/fileshare

If the custom info key is not set for a server it will use
'defaultnfs.company.com'.

I hope this is what you were after.

CC

--