[Spacewalk-list] Taskomatic not recreating repo data

Hagberg, Keith Keith.Hagberg at FMR.com
Thu Mar 24 20:30:42 UTC 2011

This issue seems to be with large repos. I have a channel with 20 packages that the repo data is created fine. The one that only partially creates has over 3300 packages.

Keith

From: spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Hagberg, Keith
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:05 AM
To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
Subject: [Spacewalk-list] Taskomatic not recreating repo data

Running Spacewalk 1.3

I created a new channel and used spacewalk-repo-sync to import the rpm's from a yum repo. All the packages imported but the new repo data does not get fully generated. In /var/cache/rhn/repodata/<channel name> I see the .new files being created but they never complete. I have looked in the rhn_taskomatic_daemon.log and there are no errors . I do see INFO   | jvm 1    | 2011/03/22 08:02:00 | 2011-03-22 08:02:00,409 [DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-7] INFO  com.redhat.rhn.taskomatic.task.ChannelRepodata - In the queue: 1. I have tried setting the hash type to none and confirmed when I do that the .new files are removed and the noyumrepo.txt file is generated. When I set it back to sha-1 I see the .new files appear again.

Keith