Re: [Spacewalk-list] Dropping i386 for Spacewalk Server?

I too have clients who have older 32-bit ESXi hosts that host a number of Cent installs.  They run a proxy, though, not a server (we manage the server (though our server which is also older hardware is 32-bit as well)).

From: Scott Rakow <srr list gmail com<mailto:srr list gmail com>>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 14:09:34 -0400
To: "spacewalk-list redhat com<mailto:spacewalk-list redhat com>" <spacewalk-list redhat com<mailto:spacewalk-list redhat com>>
Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] Dropping i386 for Spacewalk Server?

Some clients we have are running i386, but the Spacewalk server its self is 64-bit, so the client end you may want to keep as 32-bit

2011/3/24 Miroslav Suchý <msuchy redhat com<mailto:msuchy redhat com>>
Dear users of Spacewalk,
I was thinking about dropping i386 architecture for Spacewalk server.
Client tools will be still build and released for i386. But servers
itself not.
All current HW is 64bit but Atoms. And Atom is not the best choice for
Spacewalk. So I do not see reason for i386.

But before I head shot i386 architecture, I'm asking: Does somebody use
i386 architecture? If yes can you migrate to x86_64? Will you miss i386
architecture?

I anticipate that a lots of people will not miss i386 architecture, so
please reply only if you will miss it. Even better if you will write
your story, why you can not use x86_64.
--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Satellite Engineering