Re: [Spacewalk-list] check_probe does not exist popup error on Overview screen

Dale Bewley wrote:
% I have the same problem as described here
% https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2011-February/msg00146.html
%
% After logging in or clicking the Overview tab, a popup proclaims "error"
% with only an OK button.

I guess you have monitoring on. Unfortunately monitoring isn't among the
things which are known to work with postgresql backend.
I fixed this exact error in spacewalk nightly (spacewalk-java-1.4.25-1)
but expect you will hit another one sooner or later :-/.

% 2011-03-30 18:15:08,151 [TP-Processor3] ERROR
% com.redhat.rhn.common.db.datasource.CachedStatement - Error while
% processing cached statement sql: SELECT C.description,
% com.redhat.rhn.common.db.WrappedSQLException: ERROR: relation
% "check_probe" does not exist
%
%
% I didn't see anything of note in /var/log/rhn/populate_db.log but the
% query in the error refers to check_probe, but that doesn't seem to exist
% in the database. But rhn_check_probe does.
% Also, /etc/sysconfig/rhn/postgres/main.sql seems to validate that to be
% "normal".

Regards,

--
Michael Mráka