[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 1.4 channel and even question/challenge

Jan Huijsmans bofh at koffie.nu
Mon May 9 08:35:27 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 03:33:40PM +0100, Michael Gliwinski wrote:
> On Friday 06 May 2011 13:44:03 Jan Huijsmans wrote:
> > During the sync of the repos I have, I noticed it's syncing everything,
> > including stuff I'll never use. Is there a way to limit what it's
> > syncing, preffably only the packages the server and/or the clients
> > actually use. It now wants to sync over 10.000 packages, while the server
> > has only 826 packages installed. (and the clients are there just to test
> > minor stuff, so they have slmost no packages)
> > Has somebody been able to solve this, or is the only solution wait and
> > buy bigger disks?
>
> Have a look at:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2011-March/msg00107.html
>
> It's not a proper solution, but may work for you in the meantime.

Thanks, I'm working with it now. I'm trying to get it to work now,
working on the correct filename. I guessesdyumsubset_src.py.
As I'm new to RedHat at this level I'm a bit lost on how to add the
plugin to the setup. Just placing it in the dir and running the command
gives an unknown type error from spacewalk-repo-sync.

Any tips on how to add this, while I'm learning to read/debug python scripts?

---

Jan Huijsmans              bofh at koffie.nu

... cannot activate /dev/brain, no response from main coffee server