[Spacewalk-list] Debian Lenny support

David Hrbáč david-lists at hrbac.cz
Wed May 11 08:24:14 UTC 2011

Hi,
I'd like to ask about the Lenny support. We are just investigating the
deb support in Spacewalk. I'm quite surprised that Lenny is not supported:
simon-test:~# apt-get install apt-spacewalk rhnsd rhnpush -Vu
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
apt-spacewalk is already the newest version.
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
  apt-spacewalk: Depends: python-support (>= 0.90.0) but 0.8.4lenny2 is
to be installed
                 Depends: python-rhn-client-tools but it is not going to
be installed
  rhnpush: Depends: rhnlib
           Depends: python-rpm but it is not going to be installed
  rhnsd: Depends: rhn-client-tools
         Depends: chkconfig but it is not going to be installed
         Depends: rhn-functions but it is not going to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or
specify a solution).

Are there any reasons for python-support >= 0.90.0?
Thanks,
DH