[Spacewalk-list] 1.2 to 1.4 upgrade oracle conflicts

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu May 12 06:38:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:42:53AM -0600, Jason M. Nielsen wrote:
> Other than jabberd and osad this is a perfectly working SW 1.2
> install. The oracle server is a completely separate server.
> Following the https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToUpgrade.
> Im seeing major issues with dep problems. Are we supposed to be
> upgrading the oracle instant client to 11? Although some of the
> spacewalk repo oracle files appear to be 10.2 and others 11 but none
> are the same. Looking for suggestions.

Yes, we now use InstantClient 11g. We've covered that in the
1.2 -> 1.3 upgrade documentation:

        https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToUpgrade13#OracleInstantClientupgradeOracleDBbackendsonly

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:35:15AM -0600, Jason M. Nielsen wrote:
> Did the oracle rpm upgrade as listed in the 1.2 to 1.3 instructions.
> Since the 1.4 upg indicate you can just have 1.2 dunno but might be

That was an oversight -- I've now fixed that to state we assume 1.3
when starting the upgrade to 1.4.

--
Jan Pazdziora