[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk 1.3 - python-ethtool package being a problem within kickstart.

Matthew Darcy MDarcy at sch-group.net
Wed May 18 12:51:24 UTC 2011

Centos 5.6 x86_64 hosting a Spacwalk 1.3 Oracle XE environment.

I've built a parent channel for Centos 5 with 3 child channels.

1.) Centos 5 updates
2.) Spacewalk clients
3.) EPEL (needed for python-ethtool for spacewalk registration)

My kickstart profile is for a test VM, it should build a simple VM install the spacewalk client tools from the spacewalk client child repos and the python-ethtool package from the EPEL child repo to allow the server to register its self with the spacewalk server.

A kind user on the #spacewalk IRC explained I needed the EPEL repo for python-ethtool as without this the client can't register with the spacewalk server.

I've added the EPEL repo and told the kickstart profile to install python-ethtool

When the kickstart build starts, it goes throught he basics, boots, lays out the file system and then starts working out the packages,  it complains that I have specific a package "python-ethtool" that doesn't not exist abort continue (see screen shot 1)

However....

the EPEL repo does contain the python-ethtool package, and if I hit the download button on it, it does download the package. (see screen shot 2)

If I check the kickstart backgroun tty's I also see the epel repo being added fine (see screen shot 3)

I've attatched the kickstart file to show how the build should work,

I have no idea why this package is not showing up as available and would appreciate any suggestions.

The EPEL repo has been synced down from http://mirror.bytemark.co.uk/fedora/epel/5/x86_64/ and does not complain of errors.

Thanks,

Matt