[Spacewalk-list] Assigning a base channel internal error (updatedto 1.4-rc) RE: WAS RHN Traceback - violates uniqueconstraint"rhn_sp_snep_uq"

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri May 20 11:51:47 UTC 2011

Flaherty, Patrick wrote:
% > Postgres backend, 1.4rc, on centos 5.6 i386.
% >
% > Steps to reproduce:
% >  * Open browser, navigate to spacewalk web interface
% >  * Click systems
% >  * Click host (freshly registered)
% >  * Click "Alter Subscriptions"
% >  * Select Base Channel, click confirm
% >  * Internal server error.
% >
% > Steps to reproduce(ssm):
% >  * Open browser, navigate to spacewalk web interface
% >  * Click systems
% >  * Check host (freshly registered)
% >  * Click manage
% >  * Click manage channel memberships
% >  * Select Base Channel, click confirm
% >  * Highlight Appropriate channel and check Alter subscriptions
% >  * Internal server error.
% >
% I finally got around to turning on debugging and found:
%
% 2011-04-29 16:59:11,282 [TP-Processor6] ERROR
% org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter - ERROR: function
% rhn_channel.available_fve_chan_subs(bigint, bigint) does not exist
%
% I then went around calling most of the functions that involved
% entitlements and realized most returned zero. So I hacked this in
%
% create function rhn_channel.available_fve_chan_subs(bigint, bigint)
% returns integer as $$
% select 0;
% $$ LANGUAGE SQL;
%
% Changing subscriptions and and updating hosts *appears* to work now. I
% don't know if the function was missed when I swapped out backends to
% postgres, or when updated to 1.4-rc (when the problem showed up).
%
% Since I'm not sure if this is a problem with the migration to postgres
% backend, the upgrade to 1.4-rc, or the upgrade to 1.4, how do you want
% me to file the bug?

Hi Patrick,

how to file a bug is covered by
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/WikiStart#WanttoFileaBugRFE.

Anyway this bug has been fixed in 3e489582281026de187037eb24fac449f00b000e
and the fix is available in spacewalk nightly
(spacewalk-schema-1.5.3-1).

Thanks for the report and investigation.

Michael Mráka
Satellite Engineering, Red Hat