[Spacewalk-list] what sets the kickstart hostname URL at build time

Michael Gliwinski Michael.Gliwinski at henderson-group.com
Tue May 24 12:02:08 UTC 2011

On Monday 23 May 2011 16:09:59 Matthew Darcy wrote:
> you appear to becoming my personal support unit, thank you.

Heh, no worries, glad to help :)

> The pre script was the option I was going for, I'm curious to have you've
> done this specfically as each time I try it, anaconda panics and fails on
> the install.

Yes, in fact that was directly copied from one of the scripts in kickstart
wizard.  Have you tried without the variables?  (i.e. hardcode the domain to
see if it works at all)

I create system records in cobbler and generally set some variables to make
the kickstart profile generic, maybe some of them are not set by default.

> changing the server to the FQDN in the cobbler settings file makes sense in
> my head, but in the actual kickstart file it still keeps the server as
> "server" not "server.fqdn", do I have to regenerate the kickstart config,
> I'd have expected this to be dynamic.

Try:

sudo cobbler profile dumpvars --name
$YOUR_PROFILE:1:SpacewalkDefaultOrganization |grep http_server

(assuming you're using default organization)

If that does not show FQDN, try:

sudo service cobbler restart
sudo cobbler sync

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee and access to the email by anyone else is unauthorised.
When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed  in the governing client engagement leter or contract.
If you have received this email in error please notify support at henderson-group.com

John Henderson (Holdings) Ltd
Registered office: 9 Hightown Avenue, Mallusk, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, BT36 4RT.
Registered in Northern Ireland
Registration Number NI010588
Vat No.: 814 6399 12