[Spacewalk-list] clients can't register - ssl cert problem

Matthew Darcy MDarcy at sch-group.net
Tue May 24 16:15:13 UTC 2011

Sander,

this is excellent inforamtion and advice, thank you.

I've now found the spacewalk rename trac page
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/SpacewalkHostnameRename

which is very useful.

I'm now having a problem in that when I try to run the spacewalk-hostname-rename script it's complaining that the Oracle instance isn't running/listening. Which is it.

[root at spacewalk01 ~]# spacewalk-hostname-rename 80.86.39.112
Validating IP ... OK
hostname: spacewalk01.sccis.net
ip: 80.86.39.112
Stopping rhn-satellite services ... OK
Testing DB connection ... ERROR:
ORA-12541: TNS:no listener

SP2-0306: Invalid option.
Usage: CONN[ECT] [{logon|/|proxy} [AS {SYSDBA|SYSOPER|SYSASM}] [edition=value]]
SP2-0306: Invalid option.
Usage: CONN[ECT] [{logon|/|proxy} [AS {SYSDBA|SYSOPER|SYSASM}] [edition=value]]
SP2-0157: unable to CONNECT to ORACLE after 3 attempts, exiting SQL*Plus
FAILED
Your database isn't running.
Fix the problem and run /usr/bin/spacewalk-hostname-rename again

the line that worries me here is the "SP2-0306 invalid option"

My Oracle configuration hasn't changed, is there something obvious I'm missing ?

thanks,

Matt.