[Spacewalk-list] re-configure Oracle XE without losing data

Matthew Darcy MDarcy at sch-group.net
Tue May 24 23:15:01 UTC 2011

I should add to this

once I got the database running again by changing the listener and names .ora file to the FQDN I tried to use the spacewalk-hostname-rename script, that changes the hostname back to "localhost" in both files, and therefore stops the database from being available to connect.

I somehow need to get the database able to listen/connect with localhost in those files again (I can still connect using sqlplus spacewalk/spacewalk@//localhost/XE but only when the listener and names ora files have the FQDN in instead of localhost)

The most obvious way seems to put Oracle back to it's default state (I'm hoping this can be done) or unless some oracle wizz on here understands why I have broke this and can help me resolve it.

thanks, sorry.

Matt