[Spacewalk-list] Subject: Re: how-to create a usb kickstart for spacewalk

lawrence chiong junix88 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 23:44:27 UTC 2011

 Hello Jonathan,

I don't  really have know idea but for sure its not PXE because I'm not the
one who built the spw I'm on self-learning yet. What I did just use the USB
being created for server-built via spw but if it toasted I don't know then
how to recreate the USB ks of which makes me unproductive coz just to wait
when its done. That is why I want to learn how-to  just to make the life
easier to my Sr Admin

If you could guide me on how to  this I appreciated it a lot

Cheers,

Lawrence

Lawrence,

I think most of the people using spacewalk do their kickstarting via PXE or
koan. These have the advantage of working purely over the network, without
having to physically visit each server. Can you describe a use case for the
USB kickstarting which would not be better served by one of those two?

Jonathan