[Spacewalk-list] Need help with spacewalk

Amitakhya Phukan aphukan at fedoraproject.org
Wed Nov 30 12:10:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have been following the guide from fedorahosted.org and I am using
spacewalk-1.5. Currently, my need is this. I have around 300 server
machines that need to be managed by spacewalk. What all configs will I need
? I don't need kickstart/pxeboot or anything. I just want to see which all
systems are in a updated state and which all systems need update and are in
critical state. To achieve this, do I need one-to-all configurations for
spacewalk ? The systems will be RHEL 5.4 systems and CentOS systems. Also,
if I want to upgrade all RHEL 5.4 systems to RHEL 5.6, can I do that from
spacewalk ? Should I sync spacewalk to RHN  for this ?

Guidance for these particular issues will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Amitakhya.

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Miroslav Suchy <msuchy at redhat.com> wrote:

> Dne 30.11.2011 11:32, Amitakhya Phukan napsal(a):
>
>  Tried. But it seems all documentation is not complete there. If someone
>> wants to deploy spacewalk from scratch, what all needs to be done to
>> manage the systems ? Also, I tried to restart the spacewalk server now.
>> The output is as attached. Please let me know if this makes any sense
>> and where I should look to correct it.
>>

> You can study:
> http://docs.redhat.com/docs/**en-US/Red_Hat_Network_**Satellite/index.html<http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satellite/index.html>
> There is a lot informations there.
>

> > What I want to do is : Reboot and Add/Delete files in these two
> > registered systems from spacewalk admin GUI interface. How do I
> > achieve that ? Any help appreciated.
>
> You need to add Provisioning entilements to those system.
> Systems -> /your machine/ -> Edit These Properties -> check box
> Provisioning -> Update Properties
>
> Mirek

----

Best regards,