[Spacewalk-list] PostgreSQL Support

John Hodrien J.H.Hodrien at leeds.ac.uk
Fri Oct 7 15:57:05 UTC 2011

On Fri, 7 Oct 2011, Miroslav Suchý wrote:

> On 10/07/2011 05:10 PM, Wojtak, Greg wrote:
>> Register systems
>> Schedule actions (commands, package updates/removals)
>> Channel syncing to a yum repo via scheduled spacewalk-repo-sync
>
> I use that every day.
>

>> Provisioning via PXE and cobbler
>> OSA check-ins
> Did not test it personally, but should work.

I found the performance to be considerably worse on Postgres than with my
previous Oracle XE setup.  Pushing configuration files out brings our postgres
server to its knees if we've got osad running, as even 100 machines hitting it
at once pummel it.  But maybe that's just me, I don't see other people
complaining too much.

jh