[Spacewalk-list] [SOLVED] Current packages in 1.6-nightly repo breaks Spacewalk

Scott Worthington scott.c.worthington at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 13:03:19 UTC 2011

2011/10/18 Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com>:
> On 10/17/2011 09:09 PM, Scott Worthington wrote:
>> spaceschema=# alter table rhnServerNetwork add column ip6addr varchar(45);
>> ALTER TABLE
>> spaceschema-# ^\Quit
>
> Just note - you are missing one constraint, which is put there
> automatically during build of package spacewalk-schema.
>
> To be 100% on pair with schema you get with fresh install you have to
> execute this query as well:
> # alter table rhnservernetwork add constraint
> vn_rhnservernetwork_ip6addr check (ip6addr::text <> ''::text);

Miroslav Suchy,

Thank you for that tip to add that new constraint to a system using 1.6-nightly.

Where is the code for the "alter table rhnservernetwork add constraint
vn_rhnservernetwork_ip6addr" located?

I thought it would be in a file in the subdirectory of
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/schema-upgrade/ for users upgrading from Spacewalk
1.5 to 1.6, but it is not.

So I searched for the constraint portion of the alter table you
mentioned above in other places...

grep -R -i "check (ip6addr::text" /usr/share/spacewalk/*
grep -R -i "check (ip6addr::text" /usr/share/perl5/*
grep -R -i "check (ip6addr::text" /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/spacewalk/*
grep -R -i "check (ip6addr::text" /usr/share/rhn/*

...but found no reference to it.

Would you mind letting me know where that change gets applied in the
upgrade/setup/fresh-install code?

Thank you,
ScottW