[Spacewalk-list] [SOLVED] Current packages in 1.6-nightly repo breaks Spacewalk

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 17:49:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 01:35:28PM -0400, Scott Worthington wrote:

> My process, since I am tracking 1.6-nightly, is to watch for

I am not sure I can recommend tracking the nightly Spacewalk, with
rolling upgrades. We might add a fix to an older schema upgrade
script that you have alredy applied. We might refactor rpms and
file and fix that refactoring, and even rpms might not be upgradable
within Spacewalk nightly. Any upgrade of any package can break your
configuration or mess up your database content (which we will catch
and fix for the next release but your data will already be gone).

The Spacewalk nightly repo is primarily meant for fresh test
installations. We don't test upgrades within nightly, and we
don't plan to start testing them.

--
Jan Pazdziora