[Spacewalk-list] Foolish me, keeping my systems up to date... cobbler... grr...

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Sun Oct 30 23:08:09 UTC 2011

Dne 29.10.2011 00:19, Ian Forde napsal(a):
> Here's another question - if it turns out to be a Spacewalk issue (ie -
> cobbler upgrade broke it, not I, and one or more of the Spacewalk RPMs
> needs an upgrade to address it), would we have to wait until 1.6 for the
> fix?  Thus requiring people to not upgrade their cobbler installations
> btw... Or would this be fixed in the 1.5 series, as cobbler 2.2.x is now
> in EPEL...

Well it is still in testing:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-EPEL-2011-4633
I wrote there that I'm against moving it to stable.

We (as Spacewalk developers) did not test cobbler 2.2 yet. We may
support it in Spacewalk 1.6, but definitely not in EL5. That would be
*huge work*, and we do not have time for that and it is IMHO not worth
the work.
So please on EL5 stay with cobbler 2.0.

Mirek Suchy