[Spacewalk-list] Question on dependancies management when upgrading packages

Pierre Casenove pcasenove at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 11:42:01 UTC 2011

Hello list,
I have a question about the dependancy management when we upgrade client
packages from spacewalk: are the dependancies automatically installed or
not? Same question when installing package.
I've registered a rhel 5.4 client in spacewalk server with a base channel
containing rhel 5.6 packages. When I launched the upgrade of all the
packages, the task failed with error "missing dependancy python-libs for
python". I've installed pyhon-libs, relaunched the upgrade, it was
successful. Python-libs was of course available in the base channel.
Is there a configuration error on my set up? Is it possible to force
dependancy installation during upgrade?

Thanks,