[Spacewalk-list] SW shows updates, yum does not

Michael Gliwinski Michael.Gliwinski at henderson-group.com
Fri Sep 16 10:23:36 UTC 2011

On Thursday 15 Sep 2011 07:07:31 Martin Minar wrote:
> > in there were from a couple of months ago. Also `yum clean all' didn't
> > touch
> > them at all. In fact `yum clean dbcache' said "0 sqlite files removed"
> > even
> > though there's a lot of them under /var/cache/yum. Anyone else seeing
> > that?
> >
> > PS. after removing the /var/cache/yum/$CHANNEL subdir yum finally
> > noticed the
> > updates.
>
> there was an issue with that in version 1.4 - that's why I asked. Should be
> fixed in newer versions. Can you specify versions of Spacewalk on server
> side and yum-rhn-plugin on client side?

Do you mean a problem with `yum clean all'?

I have 1.2 on the server side and the client seems to be 1.4.15 so that may
explain it.

Not a problem, I can live with that until I have time to upgrade.

Thanks

--
Michael Gliwinski
Henderson Group Information Services

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the addressee and access to the email by anyone else is unauthorised.
When addressed to our clients, any opinions or advice contained in this e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed  in the governing client engagement leter or contract.
If you have received this email in error please notify support at henderson-group.com

John Henderson (Holdings) Ltd
Registered office: 9 Hightown Avenue, Mallusk, County Antrim, Northern Ireland, BT36 4RT.
Registered in Northern Ireland
Registration Number NI010588
Vat No.: 814 6399 12