[Spacewalk-list] Issues with Removing Kickstartable Distributions (Jan Pazdziora)

William Clark majorgearhead at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 15:40:00 UTC 2011

>> Running Spacewalk 1.5 and trying to remove some kickstartable distributions from the interface and I am getting an exceptions.  Apparently this is fixed with some spacewalk-java packages from the nightly build, but so far they have not helped.  The exception is as follows.  Anyone know how to get past this?
>>
>> Exception:
>> javax.servlet.ServletException: Executing query Channel.findByIdAndUserId with params {userId=22, cid=null} failed
>> 	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processException(RequestProcessor.java:535)
>
> [...]
>
>> 	at com.redhat.rhn.common.hibernate.HibernateFactory.lookupObjectByNamedQuery(HibernateFactory.java:182)
>> 	... 45 more
>> Caused by: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected NUMBER got BINARY
>>
>> 	at oracle.jdbc.driver.T2CConnection.checkError(T2CConnection.java:759)
>
> So what spacewalk-java package version do you have installed exactly?

Jan thanks for your reply.  I was actually able to fix this by applying all of the spacewalk-java-* packages from the nightly build and not just spacewalk-java.  The rpm's I installed to fix this were:

spacewalk-java-oracle-1.6.43-1.el5
spacewalk-java-lib-1.6.43-1.el5
spacewalk-java-config-1.6.43-1.el5
spacewalk-java-1.6.43-1.el5

I then restarted the server and now I can delete distro's without error.

Thanks,
William Clark