[Spacewalk-list] Removing old updates from channels

Zakrocki, Robert Robert.Zakrocki.1 at city.ac.uk
Tue Sep 27 16:29:14 UTC 2011

Hello List,

Is there a way to remove old update packages from my "Updates" channel? When I look at the packages in my "Updates" channel I get number of the same packages with different version. For example:

When I look for firefox it will give me this:

firefox-5.0-2.fc15.i686
firefox-6.0-2-1.fc15.i686
firefox-6.0-1.fc15.i686

Surely I only need the latest package in this case firefox-6.0-2-1.fc15.i686. This happens to a lot of packages.

This is the command I run to sync the channel /usr/bin/spacewalk-repo-sync --channel fedora15-updates --type yum .

It looks like the above command sync my updates channel but leaves old packages from the previous sync.

Thank you,

Robert