[Spacewalk-list] Cert issue on spacewalk client upgrade 1.4 to 1.5

Brian W. Scott brscott at data-tronics.com
Wed Sep 28 20:48:35 UTC 2011

I upgraded my spacewalk server from 1.4 to 1.5 on CentOS5.  My spacewalk clients still on 1.4 work just fine.  When I upgrade the clients to 1.5 I start getting this error:

ML-RPC error while talking to https://spacewalk.company.org/CONFIG-MANAGEMENT: [('SSL routines', 'SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE', 'certificate verify failed')]

To fix it I had to add the following to rhncfg-client.conf
sslCACert = /usr/share/rhn/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT

To me it appears, if I don't specify sslCACert in the rhncfg-client.conf file, spacewalk client 1.4 defaults to using the file RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT, and 1.5 defaults to RHNS-CA-CERT

I am curious if I did something wrong.