[Spacewalk-list] Problems creating a Kickstart Distribution

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 08:41:43 UTC 2012

> The problem is that cobbler insists on doing hardlinks. That means
> that a single file (the same inode) exists under different paths.
> Which in turn means that depending on the order in which you
> restorecon your filesystem, the files will get different SELinux
> labels.
>
> The correct fix is to force cobbler to stop hardlinking files.

Interesting Jan - thanks for the insight ...

Cobbler is EPEL of course... so will have to raise a bug with them and
see if they handle it ....

The alternative I suppose would be the rhn-satellite startup script
checking the context and fixing it if 'broken' ... at least that way a
new user won't bump into this if they restart the spacewalk instances

On the Satellite side of things how are you guys handling this situation?