[Spacewalk-list] Size of "Kernel Options" text box for uploaded kickstart files too small

Velayutham, Prakash Prakash.Velayutham at cchmc.org
Wed Apr 25 11:12:53 UTC 2012

Hi,

Spacewalk version - 1.6

I have 2 questions. Hopefully someone here can answer.

1. Is there a way to generate a kickstart for a SLES-based system using the "Create new kickstart profile" option? I have tried to do this several times, but the Kickstart file never gets generated as it is expecting several packages (pyOpenSSL, spacewalk-koan etc.) to be in one of the child channels for the kickstart to work, and none of these packages indeed exist for SLES (they are named differently).

2. Alternatively, I am trying to upload a working AutoYast file via the kickstart uploader, but the "Kernel Options" and the "Post Kernel Options" boxes have size limitations (probably 64 characters). The same boxes have a size of 1024 when using the "Create a new kickstart profile" option, but not using the "Upload new kickstart file".

Thanks,
Prakash