Re: [Spacewalk-list] Update behavior for kernel updates?

On 03/04/2012 17:51, visinix the great wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently in the middle of setting up a spacewalk server. I've been
trying to find documentation on the behavior of updates, namely kernel
updates.

Does spacewalk simply update the files, and server reboots become the
responsibility of the administrator? Or does / can spacewalk reboot the
server when needed, like doing kernel updates / OS updates?

Thanks!

Spacewalk does not automatically reboot servers as part of an update procedure (as per standard yum behaviour).

One can schedule a system reboot through Spacewalk as another action though.

Mark.